Manchester City will face Real Madrid for the signing of Rafael Leao

The summer transfer window is approaching, and there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumors, whereabouts and, of course, deals!

TOP STORY: Man City join Leao race

AC Milan star Raphael Leao has recently caught the eye of some of Europe’s biggest clubs, but the latest indicates that Manchester City are now planning to join the race for his signature.

That’s according to Foot Mercato, who reveal that Pep Guardiola’s side view the 22-year-old striker as a potential replacement for Rahim Sterling.

Leao has been involved in a number of important goals for the Rossoneri last season, with 19 total goal contributions from 34 games in the Serie A title-winning campaign. This saw him linked with Real Madrid, with Gazzetta dello Sport reporting last week that the Santiago Bernabeu hierarchy was ready to part ways with €120m to secure the services of the Portugal international.

But with Man City and Paris Saint-Germain keeping tabs on Leao, a transfer battle could soon be sparked if an official approach is made from one of the three European giants keen to land one of Milan’s top prospects.

– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately

LIVE BLOG

08:41 BST: Inter Milan CEO Giuseppe Marotta says he is hopeful Paulo Dybala will play for them next season.

Dybala, 28, has not been offered a contract extension at Juventus and will leave the Turin giants after seven campaigns at the club. The Argentina international is a target for top European clubs.

“I don’t know where he will play next season,” Marotta said. “But the hope is that he can play for us.”

Dybala scored nine goals and set up five more in 26 league appearances for Juve last season.

08:00 BST: Striker Robert Lewandowski says his Bayern Munich career is over and he couldn’t imagine staying with the German champions.

“One thing is certain today: my story with Bayern is over. After everything that has happened in recent months, I can’t imagine another good cooperation,” Lewandowski told a press conference on Monday. press on international duty with Poland. “I realize that a transfer will be the best solution for both parties.”

Bayern sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic said earlier this month that Lewandowski had informed the club boss he wanted to leave, confirming the Bundesliga’s second-highest career goalscorer could be set to leave despite a contract until 2023.

Barcelona boss Xavi Hernandez has said the club are interested in signing Lewandowski and confirmed negotiations have started.

“Yes, Lewandowski is an option,” Xavi said in a press conference earlier this month. “He’s already said he wants to leave, there are negotiations, but he still has a contract with his club. It won’t be easy, being Bayern, but it’s an option.”

PAPER GOSSIP (by Adam Brown)

– Bayern Munich lead the race for RB Leipzig star Konrad Laimerwriting fabrice romano. The Bundesliga champions have reportedly already placed a bid of around €20m for his services, but the latest indicates Leipzig are reluctant to part ways with the 25-year-old midfielder who stood out for them last season .

– Wolfsburg are interested in acquiring the striker from AC Milan Ante Rebic, according to Calciomercato. The 28-year-old has recently been linked with an exit from the San Siro, having scored just two goals in 24 appearances across the The Rossoneri Winning season in Serie A. After coaching him before, it is reported that Wolfsburg manager Nico Kovac would like to welcome Rebic back to the Bundesliga.

– Barcelona are close to parting ways with their B team captain Comas d’Arnau, writes Sport. The 22-year-old defender has been at the club for 12 years, and after being unable to find a way to Xavi Hernandez’s first team, he decided to leave in search of regular first-team football. It is reported that he already has a number of offers from teams in Spain, as well as a number of teams across Europe.

– Manchester City appear to have decided on their next plans following the signing of Erling Haaland, with a double swoop set for Marc Cucurella and Kalvin Phillips, reports the Mirror. Pep Guardiola is looking to acquire the two Premier League stars this summer, with 26-year-old Leeds United midfielder Phillips believed to be available for around £50m. For Cucurella, 23, Brighton are reportedly in the market for around £30million for the left-back who enjoyed an impressive campaign at the Amex Stadium last season.

.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: